Skip to content
10 Things You Wouldn’t Expect To Learn When You Start To Learn Magic Tricks
- How to read instructions – properly.
- The importance of repetition & practice. (“Practise does not make perfect; perfect practice makes perfect.”)
- The ability to see a presentation from the audience’s perspective – mentally, or in a mirror.
- How to gracefully recover from a mistake.
- How to keep a secret & why keeping a secret is important.
- How to use your imagination & creativity to script your words & justify what is happening.
- Knowledge has value (particularly specialized knowledge) when applied correctly.
- How to engage with people socially, how to approach new people, & how to be approachable.
- The difference between illusion & reality, & therefore to question what you see or hear.
- How easily people can be persuaded & deceived, particularly if they want to ‘believe’.