Magic Africa Productions (Pty) Ltd is the publisher of Magic.Africa and aims to produce, promote and publish magic and the allied magical arts in Africa.
We strongly believe that by creating, growing and maintaining an audience of magic fans and enthusiasts, we can ensure opportunities for Africans to experience mystery and wonder, while simultaneously creating an industry of diverse, talented performers, entertainers and artists.
By creating the Magic.Africa platform, we aim to create another strong emotional connection with our audience – even when they are not in a theatre – by keeping the public informed of our art.
Magic Africa provides the following services:
- Publishing news and stories about the magical arts in South Africa (this website),
- Bookings for entertainers for events, with local exclusive and non-exclusive performers,
- Creative consultations and casting of talent for films, television commercials (TVCs) and video.
How we got here…
In March 2016, “Cape Town Magic Club“, Africa’s first theatre dedicated to the art of magic, illusion, mentalism, sleight of hand and the associated magical arts, was launched. By the end of 2017, Cape Town Magic Club had produced six seasons and more than 100 performances of its show, “Monday Night Magic” (a show that is affiliated with the ‘”Monday Night Magic” shows in New York, USA and London, United Kingdom), as well as one season of “Masters of Magic”. More than 30 South African and international acts have already performed in our unique theatre.
While in the process of publicizing and promoting our theatre, it became apparent there is no single “source” for magic shows or magic-related news in Africa. Throughout the years, individual performers and organisations have published news about magic and the related arts, however it is difficult for a “magic enthusiastic” who enjoys our art to find comprehensive information about what is happening in Africa.
It is with this in mind that Magic Africa Productions was formed and this website has been launched to provide an active platform for the magical arts, as well as promoting our talent for bookings.
Who is participating?
We have a group of performers and writers who are passionate about our art already committed to providing news updates, show information, reviews and original content.
We represent over 30 African magical acts available throughout the world for events, shoots or consultations.
What kind of content will be published?
- Press releases and/or event information about upcoming publicly-accessible shows in Africa
- Articles and stories authored by vetted magicians, which could cover opinions, experiences, or adventures
- Link-publishing of interviews and articles that appear in other publications or media channels
- Press releases related to recognised magic organisations in Africa (such as The College of Magic and South African Magic Society)
How do I submit content for publication?
If you wish to inform us about an upcoming show, or wish to share news relevant to magic and Africa, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All information submitted will be assessed for relevance to our audience and our topics
- We reserve the right to refuse to publish or remove submissions we deem inappropriate
- Please attach at least one high-resolution photo to be used as the post’s Featured Image
- In the case of a publicly-accessible show, ensure that you provide us ALL the information relevant to the event, including dates, times and information about how people can book or purchase tickets
If you wish to be an author and to provide your own original content, please send an email to email@example.com motivating what kind of content and/or topics you wish to provide and we will consider opening a Contributor account for you.